Tuesday, December 22, 2015

TCP - 01 - First showing! The reveal on what I'm doing!

Just threw up my first video for my little personal project I'm working on (look below!). I'm currently not really focusing on making it look kickass so everything is pretty much untextured or using debug stuff. Assets tend to be just baked with an AO and some quick color-adjustments.

Stealing the text from my youtube vid and adding some random images from behind the scenes, They're all older than what you see in the video below.

 


http://www.andrewahlgren
http://whalebranch.blogspot.se/
https://twitter.com/wahlgrenus

Everything is in a pretty rough debug state with lots of placeholder assets from both me, EPIC and other sources. Alot of the gameplay and UI stuff I've used tutorials for In order to get a grasp on how it works (Epic's tutorials have been a real life saver!). I've hacked some other stuff and I'll pretty much keep iterating on everything as I go to learn more.

I hope you can kind of feel what theme and mood I'm going for though.

Please follow me on my blog or here to stay in touch. I also got twitter. All links up top.

Song:  Jin Jies Dream - Battlefield 4 OST
Mountains in the background supplied by my good buddy Magnus Olin.
Some of the sounds come from Freesounds.org, Like the ambient, the hello and the equip sound.

Tools used. Unreal Engine 4, Quixel, Knald,

---------------
TCP IS A HIGHLY AND STRICTLY PERSONAL PROJECT MADE BY ANDRÉ WAHLGREN
THE SOLE INTENT IS TO CREATE A SHORT PLAYABLE GAME DEMO TO LEARN AND
UNDERSTAND OTHER SKILLS RELATED TO GAME DEVELOPMENT BETTER.

MUCH MORE TO COME! INCLUDING A BRIEF, THE STORY, DESIGN OUTLINES, ETC

SO PLEASE FOLLOW THE PROJECT AND STAY IN TOUCH!



No comments: